Tuesday 28 February 2023

Get your entries in for this year’s Worcester Show classes


Competitors of all ages are invited to start submitting their entries for this summer’s Worcester Show.

Show classes are now open and include everything from floral displays and fruit and vegetables to cakes, jam, photography and handicrafts.

 

Prize winner Helen Platt is pictured at last year’s Worcester Show with Mayor of Worcester Adrian Gregson and Mayoress Rachel Hall.
Prize winner Helen Platt is pictured at last year’s Worcester Show with Mayor of Worcester Adrian Gregson and Mayoress Rachel Hall.

Worcester Show began as a craft and flower show and although it has now grown into a huge family event, creativity remains at its heart and the scores of competition classes remain hugely popular.

 

This year’s show will be held at Pitchcroft on Sunday August 13 between 10am and 5pm.

 

Seasoned entrant and winner of many prizes, Helen Platt, said: “Worcester Show means different things to everyone; for me, it’s about the culinary and floral art classes, and each year I eagerly await the schedule to appear online so I can start to plan what I might enter.

 

“The interpretive arrangement is my favourite; I plant the title in my head and just wait for ideas to come! I love to make my own props- it’s part of the fun. I practise with greenery and garden/wild bits and pieces and mooch in charity shops for containers.

 

‘I’m pleased when I win, but really it’s more about helping to create a spectacle to give pleasure and maybe inspiration to show visitors.”

 

The show is delivered by Worcester City Council, supported by the Friends of Worcester Show.




One of Helen Platt’s award-winning show entries.
One of Helen Platt’s award-winning show entries.


This year there will be several new classes including visible mending and pressed flowers and there will also be a new section, Creative Technology.


Competition classes are free to enter and an exhibitor may enter up to two entries in most classes. To find out full details go to www.worcestershow.org.uk/exhibitors/

No comments: